ISO 20121 certification
Riva del Garda Fierecongressi is an organisation that has always paid careful attention to sustainability. For some time now, it has undertaken a policy of taking extra care in terms of its facilities and services, paying particular note to the environment and responsible development, with respect for social and local aspects. With this in mind, and continuing with the policy adopted up until now, the organisation has decided to take measures to obtain ISO 20121 certification.
It is a certification that would be amongst the first of its kind to be obtained in Italy, and could therefore be of interest to a wide and varied array of users, with positive benefits for exhibitors too.
This certification declares the sustainable management of events, both from an environmental and social point of view, and also considers the economic aspect.
Objectives of an environmental nature
- to ensure respect of environmental laws in force;
- to prevent pollution;
- to constantly improve environmental performance with particular attention to the consumption of resources and the verification of the indirect environmental impact of exhibition and congress activity carried out by external suppliers and those responsible for third parties;
- to strengthen relations with stakeholders: local authorities, suppliers, clients, workers, participants and attendees of the event;
- to expand its portfolio of suppliers and to point them increasingly towards sustainable choices and behaviour.
Objectives of a social nature
- to guarantee to both internal personnel and also suppliers, ideal working conditions as well as respect for health and safety in the workplace;
- to avoid and prevent any form of discrimination (cultural, religious, race) and also to guarantee access and availability of its services to vulnerable individuals;
- to define good practice for the local area.
Objectives of an economic nature
- to improve its own system of supply and to maximise the management of its services from an economic point of view;
- to guarantee continuous monitoring of the direct and indirect impact affecting the structure of the local economy.
A fundamental aspect in the application of this regulation is the active involvement of the stakeholders, and both exhibitors and their stand-fitters fall into this category. In particular, they will be requested to pay attention to the environmental and social aspects by respecting the regulations in force, in-keeping with the local area, as has been the case in the past, along with a basic attitude regarding these matters that characterises their own organisation.
It is Riva del Garda Fierecongressi’s intention to identify ways in which to reward those who are able to show evidence of these attitudes and who make choices to go in that direction, both in the preparatory phase and also in terms of the management of their space during the event. These enhancement measures (discounts, prizes/recognition of the most careful exhibitor, logistical positioning, creation of ad hoc halls, etc.) may also be suggested or proposed by the exhibitors themselves, in order to highlight their expectations and efforts in this matter.